Wednesday 2 April 2014

Biography

Born  in 1985  July the 14th , Tebogo Phofa better known by the Alias B.I grew up in Soweto . He says: ‘ from a young age I always loved music, in the hood we grew up listening to kwaito, hip-hop only reached out to me when I turned 15.  The 1st Hip-hop album I bought was Nas’ it was written, which dropped  in ’96. Nas  would tell stories in a way I found inspirational. 

As I hit high school my peers and I would form these circles during break called ciphers…lol  ask the teachers  we use to be troublesome  with those.  Similar to a baby learning to move by crawling 1st, I  started writing my 1st verse while listening to Nas. I developed a writing style and  unlike others , made  me unique and is a big part of how I sound now although through mastering my art I've developed my own sound and style. 

Not getting into too much of the nitty grittys , B.I has done a lot in his career including hit singles  on radio staions  such as yfm and metro fm. In 2010 he was interviewed live on Dj Euphonic’s My House show alongside my producer and engineer Matthew Garton  who ran a production label called Rythmicfizz. Matthew saw talent in B.I and the two escalated to a great musical chemistry.  Later in 2010 He released his single titled The good, bad and the ugly featuring Tswyza who is now known for his  hit single titled Booty .He  says: Man the hustle got me far, this industry wasn’t built for the faint-hearted. In late 2010 I had the honour of meeting Dj lemonka who’s well known for the Motswakotape  and famously the man behind launching Notshi’s career. Lemonka invited B.I  to perform at his hip-hop session held in the Northwest a place called tlebebe. I had the honour of performing with greats like Mo molemi and Hhp, little did he know hype magazine was present and witnessed B perfoming  they featured  him in their September issue. It opened a lot of doors and I was approached by Dineo Ranaka’s assistant producer then, who requested a jingle for their live on drive show which played every afternoon during the week between 3 pm and 6pm. Now 2014 deep in the game, B.I is currently working on a project titled AutoB.I.opic scheduled to be released late November with it’s 1st single titled Laces.

Links to the single include the radio edit and the full master of the song below:

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/e14f3fd2 (CDQ)

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/da6d27f5 (Radio Edit)

Facebook: B.I. B-ginning Blackinfant
Bookings: 0780072234 or email tphofa@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment